What: A Regular SVOG Monthly Meeting Conducted On-line via Zoom
When: Thursday, July 9, 2020 ... 6:15pm to 9:00pm
Where: From your home, on-line, using your laptop or computer
Registration Required: $10.00
Note: SVOG will NOT be recording this meeting.
Note: In order to receive the Zoom credentials you must return to the SVOG website from PayPal via the link that states "Return to Merchant." If for some reason PayPal does not return you to the SVOG website then please contact us by clicking here. Your PayPal receipt will go to the email address registered with PayPal and will not contain the Zoom credentials.
Trading, or running a small business, is fun but dealing with the back office paperwork and the tedium of recording keeping, not so much. And traders have to deal with special, complex tax considerations. With that in mind, this month's speaker, Robb Pryor, is uniquely qualified to present to SVOG.
We have asked Robb to address issues relating to:
- Recent changes under CARES, and other COVID-19 related congressional actions;
- How these changes impact Trader Tax Status (TTS);
- How a retail trader or investor is impacted, e.g., what can and cannot be deducted on a return;
- 1265 contract elections that can be taken, or not, and what each means.
Robb's presentation will also cover various aspects of the intersection of securities trading and taxes. Topics will include:
- How investment returns are taxed;
- How different organizational structures are taxed;
- How holding periods affect tax rates;
- How selection of securities can impact tax rates.
No matter how complex your trading needs might be, Robb provides a common sense approach with an uncommon level of personal attention and expertise in tax issues relevant to traders.
There will be ample time to ask your questions ... but you must attend ... so be prepared.