*Praxis -- the act of engaging, applying, exercising, realizing, or practicing ideas.
This year and into early 2021, SVOG will take a new approach that focuses on making people better traders using hands-on demonstrations and less on one-way, lecture style presentations. We believe that by focusing on being a practitioner, people will gain greater value from attending our monthly meetings.
The following activities and meeting concepts are planned:
"Learn to Trade" Series
- This is a set of 6 interactive sessions presented, roughly, one per quarter
- The 6 sessions, along with target dates, are detailed here
- This will be two sessions with two speakers per session
- In these sessions local traders will address the following:
- What system are you currently trading?
- What systems did you trade before and why did you change?
- What did you find are your keys to trading success?
- What did you learn not to do again?
- What rules do you follow?
- Do you keep a journal?
- How do you track your trades and portfolio?
- What metrics do you track?
- Do you have a daily routine?
- We are planning on having 6 outside speakers
- We are planning one special event speaker, tentatively in October
Quarterly 1-hour Zoom meetings to discuss the past SVOG meeting presentations
- The session will address questions and discuss thoughts and experiences using the presented content further
- The session will go over any demonstrations to further clarify content presented
Monthly Special Interest Group (SIG) meetings on one trading strategy/system
- SIG topic to last 6 sessions
- At the end of 6 months, a new trading strategy/system will be selected