Silicon Valley Options Group (SVOG) https://www.svog.org
- An opportunity to meet new people and exchange ideas
- Copy and paste if the links don't work
- Please be sure to check the event calendar frequently for the latest events and updates
SVOG Meeting Announcement
DATE/TIME: Thursday, July 12, 2018 -- 6:00 PM to 9:00 PM
LOCATION: Elks Lodge Sunnyvale: 375 North Pastoria Avenue, Sunnyvale, CA
Directions & Map: http://tinyurl.com/ElksLodgeSunnyvale
Don’t forget ... Hot dogs and Sandwiches!! Avail 6:00pm to 7:30pm
(Profits from these sales benefit BPOE charity projects. -- about $3.50 to $4.50 ea.)
THIS MONTH'S SVOG MEETING TOPIC:
Trading Option in an IRA Without Blowing Up the Account -- Terry Walters
Ever wanted to trade options in your IRA? Did you even know that you could? What about all those pesky regulations? Terry will address these questions and others as he offers an enlightening presentation on what he is trading in his IRA and how it is working. Not a bunch of theoretical stuff; just cold hard facts and real life experiences.
Terry will address things like:
- How much risk to take?
- What kinds of trades are safe to place in an IRA?
- How much cash reserves to maintain?
- Are there alternatives to keep cash working and still reduce overall risk?
Among other things, he will explore setting up and managing Bull Call Spreads as well as using long-dated options to create Synthetic Bonds (i.e. collars using LEAPS). He will be setting up a lot of examples using the Real Time Data functions from TOS to provide some guidelines for creating an option portfolio in a real live IRA. I look forward to seeing you all. It should be fun.
Terry is a returning speaker and always has great insights to share. This will be a fun and informative evening and one you will not want to miss.
About Our Speaker:
Terry Walters has spent his entire working life in Silicon Valley. He started going to the Homebrew Computer Club and has been through startups and bankrupts for thirty-five years. A few years ago he decided to stop work and manage my own funds. “I realized that while I have degrees in engineering, I had no degree in investment management.” So, he enrolled in all of the Investools courses and The Motley Fool Pro tutoring. He attends the Money Shows, Trader’s Expos, and investor conferences. He watches Tastytrade. He reads books on fundamental investing, stock options, hedge fund management, portfolio management, etc. As a result, trading has been his source of income for the last five years.
- 6:00 PM to 6:15 PM Introductions and Set-up: This is a good time to connect with other fellow options traders and exchange ideas informally.
- 6:15 PM to 6:30 PM SVOG Intro and Announcements
- 6:30 PM to 7:30 PM Trading Options in an IRA Without Blowing Up the Account
- 7:30 PM to 7:45 PM Break
- 7:45 PM to 8:45 PM Trading Options in an IRA Without Blowing Up the Account
- 8:45 PM to 9:00 PM Meeting Close
SVOG requests a voluntary contribution of $10.00 to defray operational costs
Reminder Future Meetings 2nd Thursday of the Month:
- August 9, 2018 - TBD (Possibly Jay Hanson)
- September 13, 2018 - Dennis Wilborn
- October 11, 2018 - TBD
- November 8, 2018 - TBD
- December 13, 2018 - TBD (Year-end Treats)
We are working on identifying future speakers and topics of interest ... your suggestions are welcomed.
Notice to Attendees: SVOG DOES NOT provide trading advice nor does it recommend specific products. Information shared is educational and the opinion of the presenter(s). The suitability or application of information provided or discussed is the sole responsibility of the attendee.