Location: All meetings, unless otherwise noted, are held at the Elks Lodge, 375 N Pastoria, Sunnyvale, CA (http://tinyurl.com/ElksLodgeSunnyvale)
Options on Futures -- Scott Connor -- Director of Investor Education -- TD Ameritrade
Scott's presentation will cover the following areas and topics:
- Understanding Futures – Characteristics, etc.
- Understanding Options on Futures – multipliers, liquidity, etc.
- Trade execution on tos – Active trader
- Using our options knowledge and experience in the Futures world
- Examine potential strategies- range bound vs directional
- Cost effective, efficient strategy choices
- Avoiding potential pitfalls
- Q&A period (Open questions and comments encouraged throughout session)
Scott Connor became a member of the Chicago Board Options Exchange (CBOE) in 1985. He traded for 16 years primarily as an independent market maker in an index options pit, employing advanced strategies. In 1998, he made markets on the CBOE floor and made remote markets off floor while helping develop an electronic proprietary trading system for an index options trading group based in Chicago. In 2005, Scott made option markets in about 45 stocks for the hedge fund Citadel Investment Group. In 2007, he left the CBOE to join the team at thinkorswim as Licensed Instructor conducting live and online workshops.
In June of 2012 Scott moved to Singapore to join the TDAmeritrade Asia team as Executive Director of Education. He continued to share his wealth of experience and passion for education with Singapore clients enabling them to become more informed traders and investors and earned industry certification in Module 1B, Module 2A, and Module 6A in Singapore.
Scott returned to the Active Trader Group in Chicago in 2015 and assumed the role of Director of Trader Education. He holds industry licenses in Series 3, Series 4, Series 7, Series 24, and Series 66.