Location: All meetings, unless otherwise noted, are held at the Elks Lodge, 375 N Pastoria, Sunnyvale, CA (http://tinyurl.com/ElksLodgeSunnyvale)
Wealth Management with Options -- Jonathan Masse, CFA Investment Strategist, Perigon Wealth Management, LLC
This month's presentation will focus on the strategies of buy-writing & options selling. Specific areas that will be covered include:
- 3-Fold Risk Management & Alternative Investing
- World Volatility Monitor -- monitoring where the fear & greed is
- Writing options across ALL asset classes (Equity, Fixed Income, Currency, Alternatives) and across ALL stocks (and how to screen)
- Options as a wealth management tool (beyond trading)
- Options and applications to Portfolio Management, Risk Management, Taxation, and Behavioral Finance
- IPO-writing the Unicorns, April 2019 LYFT w/ Seatbelts
You will walk away armed with new tools to help you analyze and manage your future.
This presentation is for educational purposes only. Any investment decisions are the sole responsibility of the attendee.
About Our Speaker
Jonathan Masse is an investment veteran with over 25 years experience with a passion for helping others “level up.” He is an Investment Strategist for Perigon Wealth Management, a Registered Investment Advisor with approximately $780 million in assets under management. He began his career in 1994 cutting his teeth as a market-maker on the floor of the CBOE and Pacific Stock Exchange option exchanges. In 2001, he joined Barclays Global Investors as they launched their iShares product set, and he managed over $30 billion in institutional Emerging Markets portfolios. In 2007, he partnered with Burton Malkiel of Random Walk fame on ETFs and hedge funds as part of an eight year project. He began his own consultancy in 2015, and worked with three firms who produced six of ETF.com’s “15 most important ETFs.” A star project of his was the launch of WisdomTree’s first options-based strategy: The WisdomTree CBOE/S&P500 Put-write Fund (ticker: PUTW). He transitioned his options expertise into “Wealth Management with Options” at Perigon in July 2018 with a focus on risk-compensating solutions to high network individuals and institutional clients.
Jonathan also teaches the CFA-SF Exam Review program since 2015 at Golden Gate University, San Francisco, CA.. Also teaches classes on International Investing, Derivatives, Alternatives, Institutional Portfolio Management, Risk Management and Behavioral Finance.
His academic record includes:
- A BS in Finance from Boston College
- A MBA from Santa Clara University
- Being awarded his CFA-charter from the CFA Institute.