Location: This meeting will be conducted on-line, via Zoom. Registration will be required. Click here to register.
Title: Tax Update
Trading, or running a small business, is fun but dealing with the back office paperwork and the tedium of recording keeping, not so much. And traders have to deal with special, complex tax considerations. With that in mind, this month's speaker, Robb Pryor, is uniquely qualified to present to SVOG.
We have asked Robb to address issues relating to:
- Recent changes under CARES, and other COVID-19 related congressional actions;
- How these changes impact Trader Tax Status (TTS);
- How a retail trader or investor is impacted, e.g., what can and cannot be deducted on a return;
- 1265 contract elections that can be taken, or not, and what each means.
Robb's presentation will also cover various aspects of the intersection of securities trading and taxes. Topics will include:
- How investment returns are taxed;
- How different organizational structures are taxed;
- How holding periods affect tax rates;
- How selection of securities can impact tax rates.
No matter how complex your trading needs might be, Robb provides a common sense approach with an uncommon level of personal attention and expertise in tax issues relevant to traders.
There will be ample time to ask your questions ... but you must attend ... so be prepared.
Robb Pryor, Priority Tax Preparation, was a design engineer in high-tech for 25+ years before leaving the field to pursue a career providing financial services to individuals and small business owners. He became an Enrolled Agent, one of America's tax specialists, in 2012. Working with his clients on tax issues, he began to see the need for his clients to get financial advice that took into account their complete financial situation, so he studied to become a Certified Financial Planner. He completed the course work, passed the CFP exam and received his CFP designation in 2019.